Now that I’ve sold you on getting outside to get your sweat on, here are some ideas of how to go about it:
- Take your yoga mat into the backyard
- Bike/run/roller blade around your neighborhood
- Play sports at the local park
- Do your errands on foot or on your bike. It might take longer, but if you’re not super busy during the summer it’s a great, healthy way to stay fit (and stay green).
- Swim at the community pool (or your own pool if you’re lucky enough to have one)
- Get a friend, a picnic and spend an afternoon hiking and exploring. My favorite spot for this in the Philly area is Wissahickon park