Lime water is for everyday ballers. (Healthy ballers, at that).
What’s So Great About Limes?
The smallest of the citrus fruits, they are adorable. Also…
- Limes > vitamin C than lemons–> optimum health benefits of vitamin C (aids healing of wounds, helps the body to fight off infection, keeps teeth and bones strong, prevents damage to the eyes)
- Lime make you skinny by boosting metabolism and increasing digestion
- Limes give you energy and will pep you up when you’re feeling listless and rundown due to vitamin deficiency.
- Limes get you better. Drinking a glass of warm water with lime and 1 tsp of honey is an ideal remedy for cold and dry cough.
- Limes lower your blood cholesterol thanks to the pectin content of the fruit pulp.
- Lime is good for your tummy. Highly beneficial in the treatment of digestive disorders, limes help out with constipation, peptic ulcers and cholera
- Limes contain limonene, potent detoxifiers with anti-biotic effect which help protectagainst bacterial poisoning
How Should You Get Your Lime Intake?
- Roll your lime on the table to get the juices flowing and get the most out of it as possible
- Squeeze lime juice into warm water (1 tsp of honey optional)
- Drink first thing in the morning to wake yourself up and boost metabolism. (If you’re like me, put it in your water bottle and let it help you cut down on coffee during the day).
- Lime with a shot of tequila doesn’t count as your lime intake.
- Sucking on limes is bad for your teeth, as the acid corrodes the enamel and can cause gum issues.