It’s a floor wax! It’s a dessert topping! It’s delicious! (If you don’t get that joke, go here immediately and get in the game)
Coconut oil is the single most versatile kind-of-food I’ve ever encountered. It’s good for your body in pretty much every way and can be used in a huge variety of ways.
So, what is it?: Opaque white oil that’s usually sold in a jar as a semi-solid. It can be used to cook with as a substitute for vegetable oil, and can be rubbed on the skin for a variety of external purposes.
What’s it made of?
- 90% Saturated Fatty Acids…
- The Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids: Linoleic Acid.
- The Monounsaturated Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid.
- The Poly-phenols: Gallic Acid, (phenolic acid)
- Certain derivatives of fatty acid like Betaines, Ethanolamide, Ethoxylates, Fatty Esters, Fatty Polysorbates, Monoglycerides and Polyol Esters.
- Fatty Chlorides, Fatty Alcohol Sulphate and Fatty Alcohol Ether Sulphate, all of which are derivatives of Fatty Alcohols.
- Vitamin-E and Vitamin K and minerals such as Iron.
What can you use it for?
- Hair care: apply topically by massaging into the scalp to aid in the growth of healthy, shiny hair that is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs. Win!
- Skin Care: Use as massage oil, or as a moisturizer to prevent flaky skin and cracking. It also delays wrinkles and the sagging of skin.
- Weight Loss: aids in weight loss because the fatty acids help keep thyroid and enzymes systems working smoothly. It increases metabolism by removing stress on the pancreas, thereby burning more energy and helping excess weight melt away
- Stress Relief: Aroma reduces stress when massaged into the scalp.
- Liver: The fatty acids help prevent liver disease and keep it healthy because it’s so easy to process.
And no, that’s not all. It’s also good for your bones, teeth, pancreas, kidneys and heart. It also improves digestion, reduces susceptibility to HIV and Cancer, and fights infection. Have I sold you yet?
Go buy some.